This programme provides exercise leaders and instructors with the skills, knowledge and confidence needed to support disabled clients in the exercise and fitness environment. It is suitable for organisations and individuals wishing to improve their practice in terms of inclusion.
Day 1 can be delivered on its own as an introduction to working with disabled people. The day includes:
- Definition and models of disability
- Introduction to understanding impairments
- Barriers and motivation for exercise participation
- Functional assessment and consultation
- Adapting communication and exercise sessions to meet the needs of disabled clients
- Diversity and equality considerations
Day 2 focusses on the practical application of adaptation skills to meet the needs of a range of impairments using role play and case studies.
There is no assessment for this course
Level 2 Fitness Instructor (Gym, ETM or Aqua)
One or two days (face to face)
CIMSPA points, compliant with QUEST GPlus37 Engaging with Disabled People and People with Long Term Health conditions (including IFI Mark Accreditation)
To find out more information from the team, you can call us today on 078 1303 0509.
Alternatively, leave your details here and we will answer all your questions.